1. You need clarification
“Have you talked to your brother lately?”
2. You never know what they’re up to
“So how is your brother?”
“Um, I think he lives in Colorado now?”
3. You have nightmares about the middle seat in the car
Not only do I have a lot of siblings, but I’m the youngest.
Middle seat for life.
4 You can’t afford Christmas
Do I really have to get a gift for all of them?
5. You build an army of little minions
Three nieces, two nephews, and I’m only twenty-three!
6. Finding a time to get the whole family together takes a miracle
As long as we get half, we count that as a win.
7. When you do get together, it turns into a giant storytime
“Remember that time”
8. Family drama gets confusing
Wait, who’s not talking to who? I can’t keep up.
9. There are so many birthdays to remember
Especially when all but one is in July or August.
10. They’re a headache, but you love them.
The more family I have to stuff in my heart, the bigger is gets.